Poinography!

July 21, 2010

I’m baaaaack…

Filed under: General — Doug @ 5:50 pm

Can you believe that I waited just over ONE YEAR for the Governor to provide me the records I asked for about the 2009 legislation sent to her for approval or veto?!

Well, believe it.  The saga of why it took so long will make an interesting meta post, which is in the works.

At last, I do have the records, and a new scanner, and OCR software, and the latest version of WordPress (3.0).  It is going to be a lot of work to get all of this online, that’s for sure.

Did anybody miss me?

16 Comments »

  1. OMG I swear I thought Google Reader had a bug when I saw that bold “(1)” by your name. Welcome back, of course we missed you!!

    Comment by Dovid Kanarfogel — July 21, 2010 @ 6:37 pm

  2. I won’t believe your back until you’ve posted at least 1 blog per week for two months… LOL.

    Hope your back for good!

    Comment by damon — July 21, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

  3. Welcome back.

    Comment by Jackson — July 22, 2010 @ 6:00 am

  4. Good to have you back.

    Comment by Gary Doi — July 22, 2010 @ 7:57 am

  5. Glad to see you back Doug!

    Comment by Ilima — July 22, 2010 @ 8:37 am

  6. “The wait is almost over!”

    Welcome back. Just a week ago, I was clearing out my bookmarks and saw the link to your blog. “Should I finally delete it? Doug says he’s coming back some day.”

    Any other blog link and I woulda deleted it without a thought. But your blog has been SO valuable that I decided I could live with a dead link.

    Welcome back!

    Comment by Kolea — July 22, 2010 @ 8:45 am

  7. I kept a poinography tab open on my media window for 9 months after your last 2009 post, waiting, hoping.

    I confess that I gave up 3 months ago.

    Oh, the shame, the shame.

    Welcome back.

    Comment by ohiaforest3400 — July 22, 2010 @ 9:46 am

  8. Welcome back!

    I kept your feed active on my website. Glad to see your blog moving back up to toward the top.

    :)
    N

    Comment by Nancy Cook Lauer — July 22, 2010 @ 11:32 am

  9. I used to check religiously the poinography links on the various blogs I’d hit for months after your last post but admittedly had given up– when do we see the new stuff? Welcome back (damn, another thing to read each day).

    Comment by Nikki Heat — July 22, 2010 @ 11:36 am

  10. Great to see you back!

    Comment by jaded — July 22, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

  11. I won’t promise that rate of production, Damon.

    Comment by Doug — July 22, 2010 @ 4:37 pm

  12. Yay Poinography is back! Welcome back Doug!

    Comment by ketchupandfries — July 22, 2010 @ 4:45 pm

  13. Of course we missed you. M

    Comment by marilynlee — July 23, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

  14. Egad Dougie- you are one persistent motherbleeper..

    You had me in stitches because, I suppose, at one time or another I’ve gone through about 90% of responses in the runaround routine but the other 10% were truly creative… indicating either that these guys and gals will go far or explaining how they got their jobs in the first place. Do you think they have a manual or some kind of flowchart?

    But my question is why you had to pay since you had both the intent and ability to widely distribute the data which is the criteria for waiving the fees.

    Comment by Andy Parx — July 25, 2010 @ 11:47 am

  15. @Andy Parx Sadly, it’s not true about the fee waiver. According to their admin rules, the holder of the records has to (and did) waive the first $30, and in the case of a qualified “public interest waiver” they would waive the first $60. I did not fight for the extra $30.

    Comment by Doug — July 25, 2010 @ 12:33 pm

  16. Is this a zombie posting to this blog? Has someone returned from the dead?

    Welcome back, Doug! Can’t wait to read through your saga.

    Comment by joetron2030 — August 13, 2010 @ 11:56 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress